During Nintendo’s latest financial report, Shigeru Miyamoto hinted at the possible arrival of other films after those of Super Mario.
Shigeru Miyamoto has suggested the possible production of new films of the historical IP of Nintendo after the one of Super Mario , arriving in cinemas next year.
In a Q&A that took place on the occasion of the company’s latest financial report , Miyamoto said that the Super Mario film is in the final stages of production and that Nintendo is very satisfied with the quality achieved with the film, but that it will continue to refine the work. not to disappoint the expectations of the public.
Furthermore, Miyamoto says the company would like to make more films based on other of its historical IPs in the future, which reinforces the credibility of the report a few days ago concerning the theatrical version of Donkey Kong voiced by Seth Rogen . The idea would therefore seem to be to make the brands of the big N known to a greater audience. Miyamoto finally adds that the company intends to make one film at a time , rather than launching on multiple projects at the same time.
The Super Mario film will debut in US theaters on December 21, 2022 . Famous actor Chris Pratt will be the voice of Mario , while Anya Taylor-Joy and Jack Black will voice Peach and Bowser respectively.
As previously mentioned, according to a report, a Donkey Kong film is also in production and Miyamoto’s new statements seem to suggest the birth of a possible “Nintendo Cinematic Universe”. What do you think? Which of the historic brands of the Kyoto house would you like to see on the big screen?