Monster Hunter Rise has performed very well in these first months of life on the market: as of July 31st the game sold 7.3 million copies worldwide, 2.5 million more than the previous report published on March 31st.
To date, Monster Hunter Rise is the seventh best-selling Capcom single game ever having managed to overtake Street Fighter II for NES and Street Fighter V and approaching Resident Evil 5 and Resident Evil 6, both at 7.9 million.
- Monster Hunter World – 17.3 million
- Resident Evil 7 Biohazard – 9.8 million
- Resident Evil 2 – 8.6 million
- Monster Hunter World Iceborne – 8.2 million
- Resident Evil 5 – 7.9 million
- Resident Evil 6 – 7.9 million
- Monster Hunter Rise – 7.3 million
- Street Fighter 2 – 6.3 million
- Street Fighter 5 – 5.8 million
- Resident Evil 2 Remake – 4.96 million
The numbers of Monster Hunter Rise are also destined to grow further with the arrival of any re-editions (common to the Capcom series) and with the debut on PC set for 2022. Although the numbers of Monster Hunter World (17.3 million) are far away, Rise can be defined without a shadow of a doubt a success considering that these figures concern only the four months of the game’s life.