Quake Update 2 introduced a nice new feature: the Horde mode developed specifically by MachineGames for all versions of the game.
Quake just received Update 2 on all platforms. Let’s talk about the remastered edition of the game. Among the most relevant innovations certainly stands out the Horde mode specially developed by MachineGames. Designed for 1-4 players, it pits players against hordes of enemies with increasing strength.
It should be noted that in the meantime the PC version of the game has also been launched on the Epic Games Store and that there are also other new contents.
We’re talking about the Honey add-on , a new single player adventure developed by MachineGames’ Christian Grawer. You can download Honey for free from the add-on menu.
But it doesn’t stop there, as Update 2 also introduces the following general improvements:
- Improved automatic aiming to reduce the amount of shots and block the view on enemies.
- Crosshair color and type can now be changed from the game options menu.
- The add-on menu can now be used to use previously downloaded add-ons while offline.
- Text Chat and Push-To-Talk Voice Chat are now available in pre-match lobbies.
- Added the ability to invite friends across multiple PC platforms using players on the Bethesda.net Friends List (optional).
Additionally, various bugs and issues have been fixed . We read from the official release note:
- Fixed an issue where Death Knight was referred to as Hell Knight in the main Quake campaign.
- Bots talk less now.
- Fixed cases where texture edges were visible around certain UI elements.
- Fixed an issue where the weapon would fire immediately after spawning in multiplayer.
- Now disable “Enable Microphone” before connecting to online services properly disable the microphone.
- Fixed a crash with secret levels when loading a save.
- Fixed an issue with controller audio not playing in multiplayer when in someone else’s lobby.
- Dead Zone settings and other options should no longer have grayed-out values.
- Fixed an issue with the objective pop-up message being cut off when the Pause menu was active.
Microsoft Store (PC)
- The “First Controller” setting now works correctly.
In short, many new features for this revised and corrected version of the id Software classic, which some provocatively wanted to be voted as the real game of the year, since in fact it has very little competition in terms of pure fun.