For some time now, CD Projekt confirmed to the world that The Witcher saga had not come to an end after the successful The Witcher 3 . Although it is not confirmed if it will be a sequel or a totally different game, already in 2020 CD Projekt assured that, after the launch of Cyberpunk 2077, one of the three major development studios would go on to work on a ” new AAA RPG set in the universe from The Witcher “. And recent job offers indicate that, indeed, this new The Witcher is already underway.
The Witcher 4 already in development
- Recent job postings from CD Projekt RED Vancouver have sparked rumours regarding The Witcher 4.
- Specifically, the team is looking for a camera programmer with experience in third-person cameras.
- The project is not specified but it is very likely that it is the new The Witcher game that was already mentioned more than a year ago officially.
- In this way, CD Projekt RED Vancouver will be the studio in charge of the first bars of the game, while the Polish studios will continue working on Cyberpunk 2077 and its expansions.
- The game is expected to be still in the early stages of development.
- The estimated time for its development is about 4 years but it is not ruled out that it will take longer.
- It would therefore arrive in 2025 at the earliest.
- CD Projekt RED will still take a few years to show the game to the public.
- No further details have been provided.
With these data on the table, it seems that after the controversial launch of Cyberpunk 2077, CD Projekt RED is already shaping a new The Witcher game that, if everything continues according to the plans communicated in 2020, will be a great RPG with the wingspan of The Witcher 3 or greater.
Despite these encouraging details, we will have to be patient and wait for those responsible for the work to officially confirm the details over the next few years.